FOR THE LOVE OF FOOD: Make family meals a truth, gut bacteria can prevent weight loss, and red meat wins in the context of a healthy diet
Welcome to Friday’s For The Love of Food, Summer Tomato’s weekly hyperlink roundup.
This week make family meals a truth, gut bacteria can prevent weight loss, and red meat wins in the context of a healthy diet.
Next week’s Mindful Meal Challenge will get started once more on Monday. Sign up now to sign up for us!
Too busy to learn all of them? Try this superior loose pace studying app to learn at 300+ wpm. So neat!
Links of the week
- How to Have Better Family Meals – Family meals are a glorious function, however truth can ceaselessly get in the approach. Some just right, life like recommendations on making it occur extra often. (NY Times)
- Makeup of a person’s gut bacteria would possibly play position in weight loss – Preliminary analysis, however nonetheless a very attention-grabbing speculation of how gut bacteria is also influencing your talent to lose weight. What’s encouraging about that is that whilst it’s tough, gut bacteria can be modified with diet and different interventions. (ScienceDaily)
- Eat meat and cut back carbon emissions. How? Feed livestock on grass. – This is truly vital to keep in mind. Properly raised livestock in reality is helping the CO2 drawback, while industrially raised livestock is just about as dangerous as the transportation business. One extra reason why in a lengthy record to make a choice pasture-raised meat. (Food Politics)
- Your Chicken’s Salmonella Problem Is Worse Than You Think – Speaking of business meat, when you devour rooster that is a must-read. Especially when you aren’t very cautious about sourcing. (Mother Jones)
- Court Orders E.P.A. to Ban Chlorpyrifos, Pesticide Tied to Children’s Health Problems – Boom. Nice process workforce. (NY Times)
- Joël Robuchon, cutting edge French ‘cook of the century,’ dies at 73 – Such a legend. “For years he held the most Michelin stars in the world.” (Washington Post)
- Pizza Doesn’t Give You Acne—But What About Sugar? – Interesting learn. Personally I believe the science will meet up with dairy sooner or later as neatly. (The Atlantic)
- You would possibly now not need to surrender (lean) red meat, in any case – This write-up is beautiful dangerous and the science may be very temporary, however I’m glad to peer that scientists are after all beginning to evaluate two healthy (and similar) diets subsequent to one another sooner than making sweeping conclusions about a unmarried component (e.g. red meat). These researchers in comparison two teams on a Mediterranean diet, the best distinction used to be the quantity of meat they ate up. Check out what they discovered. (Washington Post)
- Premade Wraps and Salads Sold at Trader Joe’s, Walgreen’s, and Kroger Contaminated With Parasite – Romaine lettuce once more. Gross. (Modern Farmer)
- SKILLET BAKED OATMEAL WITH SUMMER STONE FRUIT – Nom nom nom. (The Full Helping)
What impressed you this week?